Record and access information about your animals, from anywhere with Saber Herd, our cloud-based herd management system. Fully integrated with all SCC Milk Monitor. Integrated to meet compliance / regulatory needs in the market eg. PURPOSE and CTS.
All you need is an internet-capable device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer.
Benefits of Saber Herd
With Saber Herd you can:
- Record and access group data from anywhere
- View events recorded by all your users / staff as they occur
- Enhance decision making about your herd and each animal with better, faster and better information
- What can you do with Saber Herd
- Flock management is simpler and faster when using the features in Saber Herd.
- Event recording (optimized for quick entry on Dairy)
- Comprehensive animal management including treatments and medicines
- Dynamic group (animals are grouped automatically based on specified criteria)
- Select your own (PYO) group
- Animal Count
- Drafted Animals
- Animal Movement – record all movements in and out of your farm
- Tag Management
- Medication – Receipt, and disposing of medicine.
Farming near Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny, Sean Gibbons preys on a group of Holstein Friesian cows under the calf system.
The grazing platform stretches across 110ha of land and there are two full-time work units working with Sean on the farm.
Given the scale of the operation, DeLaval's nursing home consisting of 30 units was assigned to milk every morning and evening.
Over the past few years, the number of cattle on farms has increased from 180 to 330 and – while Sean is now in full capacity – this year, the average cow in the herd will produce 6,500L and 500 kg of milk solids.
Similar to Brian, Sean switched from a different drafting system.