We make a short list of the best 14 qt dutch oven including detail information and score based on 25,393 reviews analysed. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
Best 14 qt dutch oven
1. Lodge L14DCO3 Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 10 Qt ,Black
Lodge Logic 10-Quart Cast-Iron Camp Dutch Oven with Iron Lid
The Lodge portable “camp stove” is the pot that does it all. The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. The integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over hot coals. Includes Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 book.
From colonial hearth fires to the campfires of Lewis and Clark, cast iron camp ovens fed the colonists, helped tame the wilderness, and did their share in settling the American West. Cast iron cookware has long been treasures as sought after heirlooms, so much so that, when Lewis and Clark returned from their journey west, their trusted cast iron pots were among the few items making it back to civilization.
Like whiskey and tall tales, Lodge Cast Iron improved with age. There are few companies who can boast that products they made over 100 years ago remain in use today, and are still in high demand. You just won’t find anyone who knows camp oven cooking like Lodge. Our camp ovens have proven themselves with avid outdoorsmen and patio pioneers from Tennessee to Tokyo. When you create a meal in Lodge Cast Iron, you create a memory that lasts a lifetime.
Many of the pieces of cast iron cookware made in the Lodge Foundry over a century ago remain in use today.
The Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes. It comes with a tight-fitting lid that helps lock in nutrition and flavor. This pre-seasoned Dutch Oven works like a charm right out of the box. Made of cast iron, this Dutch Oven evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Also, it retains heat better so your delicious meal remains warm for a long time. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron Dutch Oven looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. It features loop handles for convenient handling and the oven is easy to clean and maintain.
A simple Cast-Iron Dutch Oven, like the one your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware.
Many of the pieces of cast iron cookware made in the Lodge Foundry over a century ago remain in use today.
- Made of cast iron
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use
- Multi-functional cookware
- Virtually non-stick surface
- Brutally tough for decades of cooking
- Easy to clean-hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
Superior Cooking Performance
Tightly controlled metal chemistry and exacting mold tolerances deliver consistent quality for even heating and superior cooking performance.
Hang Over Hearth or Campfire
Heavy gauge wire bale can be used for hanging the oven over the hearth or campfire.
Three integral legs allow the oven to be perfectly spaced over hot coals.
Snug Fitting Lid
Flanged to contain hot coals on top so the oven can be used for baking, stewing, and roasting. The versatile lid can be inverted for use as a griddle.
The right tool for searing, sauteing, simmering, braising, baking, roasting, and frying.
Made of Cast-Iron
Cast-Iron is a form of cookware developed over a millennia ago remains as popular today as when it was used to prepare meals hundreds of years ago. Cast Iron is one of only two metals compatible with induction stovetops. Unparalleled in heat retention and even heating.
Can Be Used With a Variety of Heat Sources
At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire. Skillet may be used on various heat sources including gas, electric and induction. Seasoned cast iron can also be used on the grill or open fire and coals for camp cooking. Begin heating cookware on low and slowly bring heat up to medium or medium/high. Always remove cookware from the stovetop after cooking.
Seasoned for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use.
Seasoning is a necessary step in using cast iron cookware. Oil is baked into the pores of the iron at the foundry to prevent rusting and to eventually provide a natural, non-stick cooking surface. Unlike synthetically coated cookware, it is possible to restore the cooking surface of cast iron.
Lodge uses a proprietary soy-based vegetable oil to season our cookware. The oil contains no animal fat or peanut oil. The seasoning is functional application and slight inconsistencies may appear in the seasoning finish. The inconsistencies will not affect cooking performance.
Easy to Care for
Easy: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil. It is very important to replenish the seasoning of your cast iron cookware by applying a thin layer of oil after each cleaning. Seasoning is an on-going process. The more you use cast iron, the seasoning is improved.
Using Your Lodge Cast Iron
Rinse with hot water (do not use soap), and dry thoroughly.
Before cooking, apply vegetable oil to the cooking surface of your pan and pre-heat the pan slowly (always start on low heat, increasing the temperature slowly).
Once the utensil is properly pre-heated, you are ready to cook.
TIP: Avoid cooking very cold food in the pan, as this can promote sticking.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Handles will become very hot in the oven, and on the stovetop. Always use an oven mitt to prevent burns when removing pans from oven or stovetop.
Care and Cleaning of your Lodge Cast Iron
After cooking, clean utensil with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. (Avoid putting a hot utensil into cold water. Thermal shock can occur causing the metal to warp or crack).
If you are having trouble removing stuck-on food, boil some water in your pan for a few minutes to loosen residue, making it easier to remove.
Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to the utensil while it is still warm.
TIP: Do not let your cast iron air dry, as this can promote rust.
Store in a cool, dry place. If you have a cover, or lid, for your utensil, place a folded paper towel in between lid and utensil allowing air to circulate. This prevents moisture from collecting inside the utensil, which can cause rust.
TIP: The oven is a great place to store your cast iron; just remember to remove it before turning on the oven.
NEVER wash in dishwasher.
If for some reason your utensil develops a metallic smell or taste, or perhaps rust spots (maybe a well-meaning relative washed your utensil in the dishwasher or with soap thinking they were being helpful), never fear. Simply scour off the rust using a very fine grade of sandpaper or steel wool and refer to our section on re-seasoning.
Re-Seasoning your Lodge Cast Iron
While maintaining the seasoning should keep your Cast Iron in good condition, at some point you may need to repeat the seasoning process. If food sticks to the surface, or you notice a dull, gray color, repeat the seasoning process:
Wash the cookware with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. (It is okay to use soap this time because you are preparing to re-season the cookware).
Rinse and dry completely.
Apply a thin, even coating of MELTED solid vegetable shortening (or cooking oil of your choice) to the cookware (inside and out).
Place aluminum foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any dripping.
Set oven temperature to 350 � 400 degrees F.
Place cookware upside down on the top rack of the oven.
Bake the cookware for at least one hour. After the hour, turn the oven off and let the cookware cool in the oven.
Store the cookware uncovered, in a dry place when cooled.
Why should I choose Lodge cookware over other brands?
For over 112 years, Lodge has provided quality cast iron cookware and accessories, with a broad and innovative assortment. Our continued commitment to quality enables Lodge to offer a superior product line.
How is the diameter measurement of Lodge Cookware determined?
We measure from outside rim to outside rim across the top of the cookware, not the bottom.
What type utensils are recommended to be used with Lodge products?
We recommend using wood or silicone utensils to avoid scratching.
Why should soap or detergent not be used to clean cast iron cookware?
Soap and detergent are used to break down and remove oils. Since the seasoning of your cast iron consists of oil, cleaning with soap will strip or remove the seasoning from cookware.
Are there any types of food that are not recommended to be cooked in cast iron cookware?
Foods which are very acidic (i.e. beans, tomatoes, citrus juices, etc.) should not be cooked in a cast iron utensil until the cookware is highly seasoned. The high acidity of these foods will strip the seasoning and result in discoloration and metallic tasting food. Wait until cast iron is better seasoned to cook these types of foods.
Lodge is a Green Foundry:
Lodge is a zero hazardous waste stream foundry. Lodge designed a vegetable oil recycler for the seasoning process to reduce waste and unusable oil is recycled and used as biodiesel generator. Lodge uses recycled and biodegradable packing materials. Reuse of foundry sand used in the casting process is recycled and unusable sand, working to purify the water of the local streams and planting trees to improve air quality and beautification.
Lodge is the oldest family-owned cookware foundry in America. Since 1896, the Lodge family has been casting premium iron cookware at their Tennessee foundry. Starting with raw materials and finishing with their seasoning process, they continue to improve on the highest quality standards that go into every piece we make. As the sole American manufacturer of cast iron cookware, they are proud to carry on the legacy started by founder Joseph Lodge. Lodge doesn’t just make cast iron; they make heirlooms that bring people together for generations.
2. Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Lid Lifter. Black 9 MM Bar Stock for Lifting and Carrying Dutch Ovens. (Black Finish)
Essential tool for campers when cooking in a camp dutch oven. The “T” bar design lifts a hot lid of coals and comes in handy when moving dutch ovens from fire to table. High temperature black finish.
3. Cajun Cookware 9.2-quart Aluminum Dutch Oven – Gl9941
Cajun Classic 9.2-Quart Aluminum Dutch Oven – GL9941. GL9941. Dutch Ovens & Camp Pots. This Cajun Classic dutch oven holds 9. 2 quarts and is made of heavy-duty spun aluminum which has great heat conductivity, is easy to clean and lightweight. The aluminum dutch oven is well suited to cooking both indoors and outdoors. The Cajun Classic aluminum dutch oven comes with a lid with a stainless steel handle and measures 13 in. X 4. 5 in. Deep and 1/8 in. Thick….
4. Cajun Classic 6.7-Quart Aluminum Dutch Oven – GL9939
Cajun Classic 6.7-Quart Aluminum Dutch Oven – GL9939. GL9939. Dutch Ovens & Camp Pots. This Cajun Classic dutch oven holds 6. 7 quarts and is made of heavy-duty spun aluminum which has great heat conductivity, is easy to clean and lightweight. The aluminum dutch oven is well suited to cooking both indoors and outdoors. The Cajun Classic aluminum dutch oven comes with a lid with a stainless steel handle and measures 11. 75 in. Wide x 4. 75 in. Deep….
5. Farberware Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Aluminum Covered Stockpot, Aqua 10.5-Quart
- Heavy-duty construction heats fast and evenly
- durable top-quality nonstick interiors provide easy food release with dishwasher safe cleanup
- Sturdy handles provide a confident grip, and colorful exterior cleans easily
- Shatter-resistant glass lid seals in heat and moisture to keep the cooking efficient
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Make large-batch stocks, soups, stews, pasta dishes and more with less worry about post-cooking cleanup, with the Farberware(r) Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Aluminum 10.5-Quart Covered Stockpot. Farberware(r) has been trusted by families for over 100 years, and this dishwasher-safe covered stockpot continues that tradition for a new generation with easy cleanup after every use. The cookware is constructed from heavy-duty aluminum that heats fast and evenly to help reduce hot spots that can burn foods. The 10.5-quart stockpot is a great size for cooking a big batch of your family’s favorite stew, for making corn on the cob or other delicious steamed veggies, or for preparing a delicious chicken or beef stock. The stockpot interior features long-lasting top-quality nonstick for effortless food release and easy cleanup. The sturdy handles provide a confident grip, and the shatter-resistant glass lid allows foods to be monitored without losing heat or moisture. Oven safe to 350 DegreeF, this colorful nonstick cookware piece complements the skillets, sets and other items throughout the Farberware(r) collection, and with dishwasher-safe convenience built in, making mealtime happen is simplicity itself. Every home kitchen needs a great stockpot for large-batch cooking, and with the colorful, capable Farberware(r) Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Aluminum 10.5-Quart Covered Stockpot, easy cleaning is built right in.
6. Oster CKSTRS23-SB Roaster Oven, 22-Qt, Stainless Steel
Prepare tender turkey, slow-cooked stews, and more with the 22-Quart Oster Roaster Oven. Equipped with a self-basting lid that continually recirculates moisture, this electric oven eliminates the need for hand-basting to help save you time and energy. The high-domed lid accommodates turkeys up to 26 pounds. With its adjustable temperature dial, this versatile electric oven allows you to roast, slow cook, or bake a wide variety of dishes. The convenient ‘Keep Warm’ setting keeps food at an ideal serving temperature. A removable enamel-on-steel pan and rack make this electric roaster easy to clean, and the stainless steel exterior attractively complements a variety of decors.
7. HOMI CHEF LARGE HEAVY ECOLOGICAL NICKEL FREE Stainless Steel Stock Pot 8qt w/Lid (No Toxic Non Stick Coating, 5.1LBS) – Induction Pot 8 Quart Cooking Pot Stew Pot 4 Soup Pot Dutch Oven Pot Casserole
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: THICKER & HEAVIER – Compared with the stainless steel stock pots priced at $30 on the market, ours is thicker & heavier: 7.6MM in bottom thickness (a 6MM thick aluminum core sandwiched between two stainless steel layers)
- 5.1 lbs in weight (approx. 50 eggs) – Features elegant matte polished stainless steel exterior, cut a fine figure both in the kitchen and at the dining table – Great for simmering stews, soups, or cooking pasta, risotto and vegetables in large quantity.
- NICKEL FREE HARM FREE – Nickel Free stainless steel combines the best of stainless steel (rust-proof) & cast iron (healthy). Nickel-bearing 18/8 (Cr: Ni) or 18/10 stainless steel, being more corrosion-resistant, is commonly used for industrial purposes, BUT nickel is high up on the ATSDR list of priority toxins, and nickel LEACHES under regular cooking conditions – Ours is food grade NICKEL FREE JYH21CT stainless steel (21/0, Japanese standard): NOT ONLY sturdy, BUT ALSO non-toxic, non-allergic.
- NO COATING NO RISK – The widely used non-stick coating releases toxics (known to cause cancers) while cooking – The coating usually lasts only for 1-2 years, and thus it will eventually be eaten by the owner – Our stainless steel cookware set does not apply any coating, and is free of health hazard – Its heat surround technology & 3-Ply bottom provide consistent and even heat distribution, eliminate hotspots effectively, and hence achieve natural stick resistance without toxic PFOA and PTFE.
- SUNKEN LID & HIGH SIDES & WIDE BOTTOM MAXIMIZE FOOD FLAVOR – A sunken stainless steel lid helps retain moisture and capture heat while cooking, allowing foods to simmer slowly and develop amazing flavor – High sides help slow liquid evaporation and force the liquid to bubble up through the ingredients, maximizing flavor transfer – Heavy-gauge bottom helps even heating and easy stirring – Compatible with gas, induction, ceramic and halogen cooktops
- Oven & Dishwasher safe.
- DEVOTED CUSTOMER SERVICE – Genuine HOMICHEF stainless steel cookware products, certified by ISO9001, BSCI, etc. – TRADEMARK filed in U.S.A. – In business since 1998 – For Amazon customers, this product comes with 1-Month Free Trial & 6-Year Warranty & Free Life Time Customer Service – You can always come to us for discounted parts, free recipes, free cook consultations, or free customer service at: https://www.amazon.com/seller/HOMI-CHEF
8. Lodge Camp 12-Inch Dutch Oven Tote Bag
A1-12 Features: -Padded bottom. -Heavy duty self healing yellow zipper. -Polypropylene straps. -Fits 12” diameter ovens. -Made in USA. Product Type: -Carry bag. Country of Manufacture: -United States. Finish: -Blue. Dimensions: Overall Height – Top to Bottom: -6″. Overall Width – Side to Side: -12″. Overall Depth – Front to Back: -12″. Overall Product Weight: -1 lbs.
9. Cooks Standard 02584 Classic Lid 8-Quart Stainless Steel Stockpot Silver
- Made with brushed 18/10 stainless steel with an aluminum disc layered in the bottom
- Aluminum disc layered bottom provides even heat distribution and prevents hot spots
- Stainless steel lid keeps in heat and moisture
- Durable stainless steel riveted handles
- Large size for multipurpose function: canning, jarring, and stewing
- Oven safe to 500F
- Works on Induction, gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc.
- Dishwasher safe
The Cooks Standard 8-Quart Classic Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid is made with brushed 18/10 stainless steel inside and out with an aluminum disc layered in the bottom. Stainless steel is heavy duty, easy to clean, and looks great. The aluminum disc capsuled bottom provides even/quick temperature distribution and prevents hot spots. Solid stainless steel lid keeps heat and moisture for long boiling/stocks and creates a seal. Wide and deep stainless steel handles offer durability and stay cool/comfortable for carrying. Tapered lip for drip-free/balanced pouring and keeps contents in. Large size for multipurpose function: canning, jarring, and stewing. Induction compatible. Works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc. Oven safe to 500F
10. Saflon Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Capsulated Bottom 8 Quart Stock Pot with Glass Lid, Induction Ready, Oven and Dishwasher Safe
- LATEST TECHNOLOGY: Precision engineered 304 quality 18/10 mirror finished 0.7mm Stainless Steel with Tri-Ply thermo capsulated base.
- EVEN HEATING: Eco-Plus system is extra 3 ply-base which saves energy and gives you right amount of heat for your cooking needs. Heats up faster and delivers reliable, even heating every single time.
- OVEN SAFE: Cook like a pro with Saflon Stock Pot that is oven safe up to 500°F (400°F with Tempered Glass Lid)
- DISHWASHER SAFE: The Saflon stock pot has easy grip cool touch handles with easy pour edge and dishwasher-safe.
- ALL STOVE TOPS: Suitable for all stove tops, electric, gas, ceramic, halogen and induction. Easily store your Saflon Stainless Steel Stock Pot in a bonus storage bag included and enjoy a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found 14 qt dutch oven for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!